Monday, January 01, 2024

First Photo Walk


New Year, new goals.. As I mentioned in the last post I got a new camera for Christmas and have made it a goal to post something here every week to see how my photography skills progress over the year. Looking back on this blog it seems my first post was with a goal to take time away from the work/business part of having a photography studio and carve out some dedicated time to take pictures of something besides a wedding/portrait/or event work. I noticed that the original post I had included a picture of my daughter that day so I decided to include a current one here as well. It seems like it was just a couple years ago she was little and sitting on my belly as I was rolling around the flower bed playing with my 105 Macro lens. So with that memory I figured I would start my first photo walk of the year with my new 105 macro lens. 

Almost 20 years later I still love the idea of macro photography. It was my favorite section of the high school photography class that got me hooked on photography and after getting to play with it a bit using lens filters for close up work I was desperate to get a macro lens.  About 10 years later after getting my first "real job" I bought my first macro lens and proceeded to never use it. The feed back between shooting film and getting it developed made the learning curve hard and as a result it got put on the back of my shelf. Today with digital cameras instant feed back and focus highlights in the view finder it's easier than ever to experiment with.  I'm really impressed with how sharp this new Nikon 105 Z mount lens is.  All were shot hand held with the camera set up for auto ISO.  I have a lot to learn/practice as far as depth of field and ensuring I pay attention to my backgrounds but for a first outing with a new camera I'm pretty happy with how these came out.






















My ever faithful buddy looking for me to toss his newly found stick while out on our walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment